What is HCG 2.0?
Written by Dr. Zach, Author of HCG 2.0
HCG 2.0 is a modern adaptation of the original HCG diet that was first published by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons over 60 years ago. That’s a long time. Do you know what else doctors were doing 60 years ago? They were Smoking… in YOUR treatment room. They were treating Polio and Small Pox, both diseases that have been eradicated for over 50 years. And, they were advising pregnant women that alcohol would calm their nerves…? A lot has changed – So should your diet. There’s a smarter way to lose!
What’s different about HCG 2.0? Before we begin discussing HCG 2.0 and the updates I made to the original HCG diet, let me first explain HCG and how this hormone is effective in facilitating rapid weight loss. It’s important to remember that the physiology that inspired the original diet is still entirely relevant and widely accepted among today’s medical community, but the diet protocol itself is what needed revising.
If you have no experience with the HCG diet, HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadatropin), is a hormone produced during pregnancy. The purpose of the HCG hormone is to rally the metabolism or break down of systemic fat that is typically stored in all the places we don’t want it, i.e. bellies, thighs, arms, neck, etc. Typically, as a species, the body is pre-disposed to retain calories in the form of fat reserves as a survival mechanism for long winters or famine; conditions that infrequently exist today. This is why dieting is such an uphill battle; not only are we struggling with our own poor eating habits, but a genetic predisposition to retain fat.
HCG is the solution. When a women becomes pregnant, the growing baby requires a 24/7 calorie source. In response, the placenta of the pregnant mother begins to produce HCG, which “unlocks” her stored fat to provide the calories necessary for proper development of her unborn child. If the HCG hormone is supplemented, in the absence of a pregnancy, and combined with a low-calorie diet, the dieter can, quite literally, sustain themselves on their own stored fat, resulting in rapid, but healthy weight loss.
I created the SlideShare presentation below to highlight the differences between HCG 2.0 and the traditional HCG diet. Click the play arrow to view. You can make the presentation larger by clicking the “view full screen” box that is second from the bottom right.
Learn more by clicking the arrow below…
HCG 2.0 Vs. the Traditional HCG Diet
Below are the reasons that make HCG 2.0 a safer and much more sustainable diet plan, without sacrificing any of the rapid weight loss of the original. In fact, I believe the weight loss to be even better. If you don’t believe me, visit our private HCG 2.0 Facebook page and ask for yourself.
- HCG 2.0 uses a BMR calculation to determine the amount of calories on your individualized HCG diet.
- HCG 2.0 encourages 15 – 20 grams of lean protein for breakfast.
- HCG 2.0 suggests a lean protein, low-carb snack before bed, improving sleep and providing necessary protein for cellular regeneration.
- HCG 2.0 provides a wider variety of protein options and larger portion sizes of leaner items such as tuna fish, egg whites and bison.
- HCG 2.0 also recommends a wider variety of vegetables and discourages root vegetables such as onions which are significantly higher in carbs than peppers, broccoli and many other veggies that are not allowed on the traditional HCG diet.
- HCG 2.0 provides the same rapid weight loss without starving yourself; There’s a Smarter Way to Lose!
Why is Thanksgiving the ideal time to start HCG 2.0? CLICK HERE to find out.