How is your New Year’s weight loss progressing? We’re just four weeks into 2014, but we know what a challenge it can be with your hectic life to keep up with goals. Don’t get discouraged!! Even if you haven’t had time to hit the gym, keep eating smart and keep losing with HCG 2.0. I know the Super Bowl is right around the corner, but there are plenty of ways to enjoy the game and your snacks while making them HCG 2.0 friendly. Check the recipe below….
|Down. Set. Chili! Ingredients…
ground steak (or chicken or… tuna, give it a try)
1 tomato or canned tomatoes (puree w/skin)
1/2 c water or broth
3-4 cloves minced garlicSeasonings (to taste):
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t cumin (or go crazy)
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 t cayenne
1/4 t basil
1/4 t thyme1. Preheat pan over MED heat.
2. Add minced garlic and 1 T of the water/broth to pan.
3. Saute 2-3 mins. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Add more water/broth as necessary.
4. Increase heat to MED-HI.
5. Add ground steak and saute until brown – about 5 mins.
6. Add all seasonings and cook an additional 3 mins. Continue to add more water/broth as necessary.
7. While that is cooking dice 1/2 of tomato and place other 1/2 in food processor or blender to puree.
8. Mix in tomatoes, puree, and rest of broth.
9. Turn heat down to MED-LO and simmer until it reaches desired consistency.TIP: Mix all my spices together in a small bowl so I can add them all at once.This can be prepared in advance and frozen. I’ll make up batches of this and freeze into individual portions. Then I take it out the night before I’m ready to serve. The kids love taking this for school lunches as well.
Enjoy!! Keep up with the blog every day until the Super Bowl for a recipe per day. You can still maintain the HCG diet low cal phase and enjoy yourself. It’s not impossible.