When I published HCG 2.0 in July of 2013 there were no other supplements. And people had success.
I want to be clear on that. You don’t have to feel obligated to buy every supplement in my store to have success with HCG 2.0. The supplements are more for your peace of mind. They’re there to give you an edge. To “tip the scales” in your favor.
Before I give you my recommendations for supplementing your HCG 2.0 protocol, let me tell you a bit about my thought process when adding a product to my online store.
I’ve always been a bit of a biochemistry nerd. I study normal human physiology and then I research the biochemical pathway for a given supplement. If it makes sense, I try it. And not just me, I’ll send some to Judi, to Kylene, to family members and I’ll ask them if it works. What was your experience? Did you notice an side-effects? Would you recommend it?
If the physiology makes sense AND if it provides the desired results, I’ll add it to the store.
Something else I try to do is address more widespread issues rather than symptoms or conditions that are narrow in scope. That’s why you see the Plus in most of my supplements.
Take Biotin Plus, for example. I could have just given you Biotin, which minimizes hair loss while supplementing HCG. But I added fish collagen, black current seed oil and lycopene. Why fish collagen? Because I have bovine collagen in my Collagen product. If you’re using both, it gives you a more complete variety of collagen. Everything has a purpose.
Dr. Zach’s Progression to Good Health and Vitality
Before we can even begin to talk about optimizing your health, you need to get yourself to your ideal weight. Until you get yourself to your ideal weight, you’re putting the cart in front of the horse.
This doesn’t mean you need to fit perfectly into your high school prom dress. That’s unrealistic. But you should be within 15 pounds of it.
I’ve broken the diet down into it’s four phases below and numbered the supplements below each heading. Some are must haves and others are optional. In regard to these “optional” supplements – if you’ve had trouble losing weight in the past, I would go all out on this. Give yourself every opportunity to succeed, even if it means spending a bit more. You can easily rationalize the expense because during your 30-40 day protocol, you’re not going to be spending money on fast food or wasted calories.
Supplements for HCG Loading
- You obviously need your HCG supplement. You have your choice between our traditional HCG Drops or the new HCG Patch. HCG 2.0 wasn’t the highest ranking diet of 2016 because of the Patch. The Patch didn’t even exist then. The point is, you’ll get results from both products. My HCG Patch is cool and convenient, but you’ll do just fine with my HCG Drops. You should begin your HCG supplement when you begin the loading phase.
- Loading is only two days, but you need to make Phyto Plus part of your daily routine sooner or later. Phyto nutrition is plant based food. It’s a whole food supplement which means that it’s real fruits and vegetables in a dehydrated state.
Supplements for the Low Calorie Phase of you HCG 2.0 Protocol
- I’ve already mentioned HCG
- I’ve already mentioned Phyto Plus, but I’m going to tell you why it will benefit you during the low calorie phase. Losing weight is merely about calorie reduction. It’s also about giving your body the proper nutrition it desires so that you’ll be rewarded with a proper satiety response. If you eat right, you’ll feel full. You’re not allowed any fruits on HCG 2.0, so Phyto can bridge that gap. Additionally, Phyto Plus is more than a supplement – you can empty the capsules into a bottle of water and you have a tasty nutritional beverage. It’s a great addition to the low calorie phase because feels a bit like a snack. Try it out. I think you’ll agree.
- One optional supplement is Biotin Plus. I mentioned it above. If you’ve experienced hair loss on a previous round of HCG, or if you lost hair during pregnancy, you’ll want to add Biotin to your low cal phase. Biotin is also a strong catalyst in boosting metabolism. I take Biotin because I’m extremely vain and I’m super concerned about my receding hairline. It hasn’t been shown to regrow hair, but it will make the hair you have stronger. At this point, I’d crack eggs on my head if someone told me it would help my hairline.
- A second optional supplement is the Raspberry Ketones. The physiology makes sense. The Ketones facilitate ketosis by breaking down fat molecules. I also added Green Tea Extract to my Raspberry Ketones product, which is another strong fat burner.
- If you’re doing the diet correctly, meaning keep your carbs under 30 grams per day (the most important part of HCG 2.0), you don’t need to add the Garcinia Cambogia until you begin maintenance. Garcinia block the bodies ability to convert excess carbs into stored fat. My advice is to save this for the maintenance phase. More below.
- Last but certainly not least is SUSTAIN. They’re called Sustain Maintenance Pellots because I designed them for maintenance. When people near the end of HCG 2.0, and they’re down a significant amount of weight in a rather short period of time, it’s common for a bit of anxiety to set in. Many panic because they not longer have the regimented food lists, nor do they have the assistance of HCG. Sustain provides you with the peace of mind to successfully transition into maintenance. It’s loaded a variety of appetite suppressants and metabolic boosters including African Mango, Fucus Vesiculous, and Forskolin. The reason I have suggested for the low calorie phase is because we’ve found that it’s extremely effective when combining Intermittent Fasting (IF) to your HCG 2.0 Protocol. To learn more about incorporating IF and Sustain to your HCG 2.0 Protocol, click here.
Supplements for the Maintenance Phase of HCG 2.0
The three weeks following your low calorie protocol are critical to maintaining your weight. When you lose a lot of weight really quickly your body will be determined to replenish its fat reserves. Remember, storing away calories in the form of fat is a primitive defense mechanism against long winters and famine. That’s why weight loss is such an uphill battle. Not only are we struggling with our own poor eating habits, but we’re also struggling with a genetic predisposition to store fat. That’s why the maintenance is so critical. The products listed below are designed to make that transition as painless and successful as possible.
- The best advice I can give you here is to purchase the Maintenance Plus Package and don’t think twice about it. You worked extremely hard to lose the weight. You can consider the Maintenance Plus Package as an insurance policy on your success. It includes the following.
Garcinia Cambogia – This is still one of my favorite product in the store. What I love about it is that you don’t have to take it on a daily basis. It’s like a get out of jail free card. If you know you’re going to have a heavy carb meal, take two Garcinia tablets before and after the meal. This will prevent the excess carbs from being stored as fat.
Sustain – I mentioned Sustain above. If you haven’t used it for the low calorie phase, not is the time to begin.
Phyto Plus – I’ve also mentioned Phyto. Remember, if you give you body the nutrition it desires, it will reward you with a feeling of satiety and fullness. Carbs are dangerous. The provide nothing but fuel. You still need the other macro nutrients that the body requires such as fat and protein. You’ll also need the Phyto nutrition the body desires. This is where Phyto Plus will bridge the gap. If you can’t get them in your normal diet, Phyto will provide them for you. It’s a must!
Supplements for Post Maintenance (A.K.A Life)
Now that you’ve lost the weight and you’re looking and feeling good, it’s time to truly optimize your health. When I started InsideOut Wellness, I did so with the believe that true health radiates, fundamentally, from the inside out. Your aesthetic beauty is a reflection of your intrinsic health. That’s what the InsideOut Package is all about.
And if you’ll notice, way up above in the low calorie section, there are six supplements needed to shed the weight. But now that it’s gone, all you need is one… maybe two.
- The InsideOut Package encapsulates my mission of true health that is both seen and felt. Collagen Plus for the aesthetics and Phyto for the intrinsics. Consider Phyto your multi-vitamin.
- I have to mention CBD Oil here because there are so many reasons to add it to your daily routine. You’ve lost a lot of weight in the past 40 days. It’s time to make a trip to your primary care doc to get a full physical and some blood work. There might be some medications you are on that are no longer required at your new weight. And if there are medications that you WANT to be off, talk to your doctor about CBD. Especially if those medications are for anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain such as arthritis or auto-immune disease, etc. Try supplementing CBD for a couple months and see how you feel. It’s effects are multi-systemic. It might surprise you.